Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Winter Vacation Part III-Vegan Paradise


I was really spoiled, taking the leap to veganism while living in Seattle. The availability of natural foods and a variety of vegan alternatives is definitely a luxury, not to mention the fact that I can read everything on all the labels! My first stop was Madison Market, where the excitement of vegan "dairy" products got me to buy much more than I could eat in my five-day visit, but somehow I got back to Eric's house with nothing that could qualify as an actual meal.

Of course I had to go to my two favorite restaurants too! Hillside Quickie's Cafe is the perfect place to take non-vegans with its filling, greasy, delicious sandwiches and the best vegan macaroni and cheese you will ever find! Miranda goes there even when I'm not in town. Teapot has so many options in its pan-asian menu. My favorites are Asian Fries and Mongolian Vegetarian!

No comments: